Healthy hearty delicious nutritious dinner for a cold winter night.
- 1 bag (14 oz) Great Northern beans *
- 1 bag spinach, chopped
- 16 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp sofregit paste **
- Cook the Great Northern Beans: In the pressure cooker add the beans, chopped onion, salt and cover with water. Cook for 40 min. Do not discard the water.
- In the meantime sauté the mushrooms with some olive oil, salt and pepper in a deep pan. When done you can leave them in the pan.
- Once the beans are done, transfer them to the pan with the mushrooms. Add some water from the beans add the sofrito and simmer for 10 min so the flavors blend together.
- Turn the heat off, add the spinach and stir.
- Adjust salt and pepper.
* For this recipe I used dried beans, but you can replace them by 2-15 oz cans of either cooked Great Northern or Canelini beans.
** If you don’t have sofrito on hand, while the beans are cooking you can make a quick version of it by sauteeing 1/2 onion (thinly chopped) for 10 min and adding 3 tbsp tomato paste or 1/4 cup tomato sauce and cooking for 15-20 min.
Keywords: legumes, white beans, mushrooms, spinach,