An easy, tasty and healthy lunch, snack and party finger food.
- 8 eggs
- 1 can tuna in olive oil
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1–2 dashes hot sauce *
- 1 tbsp chopped onion *
- 1 tbsp chopped celery *
- chives or dill to decorate (optional)
- Hard boil the eggs: bring water to a boil in a sauce pan. Add the eggs once water is boiling. Boil for 10 min. Remove from heat and cool under running water and transfer to a bowl with ice water to stop cooking (you will also be able to start peeling them sooner).
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place them in a bowl.
- Mash the yolks with a spoon and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well and adjust any seasoning.
- Fill the whites with the tuna salad. You can use a spoon, a small ice-cream scoop or a piping bag. Sprinkle chives or dill on top (optional).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
* Hot sauce, onion and celery are totally optional. I usually do mine without and they taste amazing. This is just a matter of preference and ingredients in hand.
Keywords: tuna salad deviled eggs, finger food, snacks