This chicken noodle soup is super tasty and easy to put together.
- 3 medium size carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 medium size onion
- 2 cups shredded chicken *
- 6 oz egg noodles *
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tsp chicken broth powder *
- 8 cups water (or more if desired)
- olive oil
- Peel and dice the carrots, celery stalks and onion.
- In a large stockpot heat olive oil and sauté the vegetables for about 5 minutes.
- Add water and chicken broth powder. Stir well until the powder is well dissolved.
- Add thyme, oregano, bay leaves and pepper and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the chicken and noodles and boil for another 5 minutes. Do not overcook the pasta as it will continue to cook in the broth.
- At this point, adjust salt and chicken powder if necessary.
If you don’t have shredded chicken ready, you can add two chicken breasts to your soup on step 4 and boil for 15-20 min. Then remove the chicken, shred it and put it back in as in step 5.
Egg noodles: I like my soups low on pasta, but if you prefer you can use a 12 oz pack and it will be fine too.
I used chicken broth powder because that’s what I had in hand, but it can also be done directly with liquid chicken broth.
If at any time you see that the soup would need more liquid you can adjust it with some water or broth.
Keywords: chicken noodle soup