Great snack packed with nutritious ingredients. They are delish!
- 1 medium carrot
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- 2 cups oats
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Peel and cut the carrot and chop in the food processor until coarse. Remove from the food processor and set aside.
2. Add the oats and coconut and pulse until coarsely ground (if you like a les textured bite, pulse until finely ground).
3. Add the rest of the ingredients including the carrots and pulse until everything is well incorporated. It will be a sticky dough and you may need to scrape down the bowl a few times.
4. Make the balls and refrigerate.
- You can add chocolate chips (black or white) – I didn’t have any so I didn’t do it.
- You can coat the balls with coconut for extra texture – I didn’t have any left so I couldn’t do it…
Keywords: almond butter, oats, energy bites, snacks